How to Unlock Acer Laptop When You’re Forgetting It’s Password?
Nowadays with so many prying eyes, password for laptop login has been essential need. Good password is the one that hard to be guess and it is better if it consists of words and numbers. However the more difficult your password, it likely hard to be remembered too. Forgetting password and have to face locked laptop is so frustrating. So here is tutorial of how to unlock Acer laptop.
For Windows XP
How to Unlock Acer Laptop with Bootable Windows CD
- Insert bootable Windows CD that are given when you purchased your Acer laptop.
- The screen will show “Press any keys to boot from CD”. Follow the instruction by pressing any keys in keyboard.
- Then in the screen will appear two options. Install fresh Windows or repair Windows
- Press “R” key to repair Windows. When process is completed, your laptop will automatically reboot. Then in the screen will appear the statement “installing devices”.
- Press “Shift” and “F10” keys at the same time and type “nusrmgr.cpl”
- Create new password to replace the old password and unlock your Acer laptop
- Exit the command prompt window.
- Reboot / Restart your laptop
- Use new password for login
For Windows 7
How to Unlock Acer Laptop with Windows Password Key
Windows password key is a program from Windows to reset any password inside your laptop. You can used CD/DVD or USB flash drive as your bootable Windows. All you have to do are:
- Browse in other PC for Windows Password Key then install it to that PC.
- Insert blank CD/DVD or USB flash drive with minimum capacity 2 GB. Open Windows password keys and burn ISO image to CD or flash drive.
- Insert the disks to your locked Acer laptop and turn it on. Press “F2” or “Delete” keys so you enter BIOS setup and your laptop can boot from the disks.
- Press “F10” key to save the change.
- Reboot your Acer laptop. Then you will see windows password key start to work
- Follow any instructions so the program can reset your password.
For Windows 8
How to Unlock Acer Laptop with Windows 8 Recovery Disk
These steps are only for you who already made recovery disk
- Insert recovery disk to your Acer laptop and turn on your laptop.
- The screen will show “Troubleshoot” menu. Choose “Advance Options”.
- Click “Command prompt” option.
- Type “diskpart” command then Enter.
- Type “list vol” command then Enter. It will list all your hard drive partition. Choose partition where your Windows 8 is installed. Usually in C:
- Type “exit” command. Then type these command one by one
- cd windows
- cd system 32
- ren Utilman.exe to Utilman.exe bak
- copy cmd.exe Utilman.exe
( Replace C with wherever your Windows 8 is installed.)
- Remove recovery disk and reboot your laptop
- When your laptop already started to login screen, click “ease of access” button at the bottom left corner.
- Type “net user” command then Enter. It will list all users at your Acer laptop. Choose user that you want to enter and change its password.
- Type “net user username newpassword” to reset old password. For example you want to reset Acer user’s password with 123456 then you type “net user acer 123456” command.
- Type “exit” command then you will bring back to login screen. Type new password for login.
- Once you can login Windows 8, change “utilman.exe bak” back to “utilman.exe”.
These are several steps of how to unlock Acer laptop. Hope this article can help you unlocking your Acer laptop. Good luck!