Nowadays with so many prying eyes, password for laptop login has been essential need. Good password is the one that hard to be guess and it is better if it consists of words and numbers. However the more difficult your password, it likely hard to be remembered too. Forgetting password and have to face locked laptop is so frustrating. So here is tutorial of how to unlock Acer laptop.
For Windows XP
How to Unlock Acer Laptop with Bootable Windows CD
- Insert bootable Windows CD that are given when you purchased your Acer laptop.
- The screen will show “Press any keys to boot from CD”. Follow the instruction by pressing any keys in keyboard.
- Then in the screen will appear two options. Install fresh Windows or repair Windows
- Press “R” key to repair Windows. When process is completed, your laptop will automatically reboot. Then in the screen will appear the statement “installing devices”.
- Press “Shift” and “F10” keys at the same time and type “nusrmgr.cpl”
- Create new password to replace the old password and unlock your Acer laptop
- Exit the command prompt window.
- Reboot / Restart your laptop
- Use new password for login
For Windows 7
How to Unlock Acer Laptop with Windows Password Key
Windows password key is a program from Windows to reset any password inside your laptop. You can used CD/DVD or USB flash drive as your bootable Windows. All you have to do are:
- Browse in other PC for Windows Password Key then install it to that PC.
- Insert blank CD/DVD or USB flash drive with minimum capacity 2 GB. Open Windows password keys and burn ISO image to CD or flash drive.
- Insert the disks to your locked Acer laptop and turn it on. Press “F2” or “Delete” keys so you enter BIOS setup and your laptop can boot from the disks.
- Press “F10” key to save the change.
- Reboot your Acer laptop. Then you will see windows password key start to work
- Follow any instructions so the program can reset your password.
For Windows 8
How to Unlock Acer Laptop with Windows 8 Recovery Disk
These steps are only for you who already made recovery disk
- Insert recovery disk to your Acer laptop and turn on your laptop.
- The screen will show “Troubleshoot” menu. Choose “Advance Options”.
- Click “Command prompt” option.
- Type “diskpart” command then Enter.
- Type “list vol” command then Enter. It will list all your hard drive partition. Choose partition where your Windows 8 is installed. Usually in C:
- Type “exit” command. Then type these command one by one
- cd windows
- cd system 32
- ren Utilman.exe to Utilman.exe bak
- copy cmd.exe Utilman.exe
( Replace C with wherever your Windows 8 is installed.)
- Remove recovery disk and reboot your laptop
- When your laptop already started to login screen, click “ease of access” button at the bottom left corner.
- Type “net user” command then Enter. It will list all users at your Acer laptop. Choose user that you want to enter and change its password.
- Type “net user username newpassword” to reset old password. For example you want to reset Acer user’s password with 123456 then you type “net user acer 123456” command.
- Type “exit” command then you will bring back to login screen. Type new password for login.
- Once you can login Windows 8, change “utilman.exe bak” back to “utilman.exe”.
These are several steps of how to unlock Acer laptop. Hope this article can help you unlocking your Acer laptop. Good luck!
Most people do not know how to reset Acer laptop whenever their laptop is unable to power on. You probably try to reset your Acer laptop to the factory setting. Each laptop may have different features, especially Acer. Many people try to reset their Acer laptop without using recovery disk. Sometimes, they even use combination of keys and ALT. These two ways are rarely worked and you may also lose your data. There are several ways that you can perform to reset your Acer computer, especially if you have power problem or you want to reset you laptop back to its factory setting. These two reset can actually help you to repair your laptop. Therefore, pay attention carefully to each Acer Laptop reset.
Step by Step to Reset Acer Laptop due to Power Issue
If your Acer laptop is unable to turn on, there are eight simple steps that you can do to reset your laptop.
The first thing you need to do is to unplug the AC adapter from your laptop. Then you can turn your laptop and take away the battery. Pay attention, Acer laptop has two tabs that are keeping the battery in place. The first tab is the lock tab; meanwhile, the second tab is the release tab.
After you perform the first few steps above, you may start to open your laptop and hold the power button for about 30-58 seconds. You can release the power button and put the battery back. Do not forget to check the lock tab. Plug in the AC adapter and turn on your laptop. You can perform these stapes whenever you have power issue. However, you might want to visit Acer repair facility if you cannot solve the problem.
Step by Step to reset my Acer Laptop to its Factory Setting
Acer laptop has its own specific feature. The feature is known to be the hidden partition where it saves all the software and back up data. Due to its specification, this type of Acer has its own way to reset its program to the factory setting. There are around three steps that you can do to reset Acer to its factory setting.
First, you must click start and go to all programs. There you can find Acer empowering technology, find Acer eRecovery management and click it. This program may erase all of your data, so it is better for you to back up all important data that you have kept. The second step, you must click the restore button and then select restore system to factory default. Your laptop will immediately in the recovery utility stage. For the last step you can simply click yes.
Generally, there are two different ways to reset your computer. One is when you have the power problem; meanwhile, the other one is to reset your laptop to its factory setting. Hopefully, this basic information of how to reset an Acer laptop will be helpful for those who own Acer laptop, good luck.
Have you ever been so confused or upset because your Acer laptop does not power on even when the battery is fully working and charging? Perhaps you suspect the motherboard or the socket. You may as well think that your laptop has gotten a virus. Most people also have problem after they let and left their laptop stand by for quite a long time. But really, how do we fix this problem? Can we get any repair service from Acer Company? There are several steps that you must do when your laptop suddenly does not power on. You may as well do these steps before you contact Acer repair service.
Four Simple Tasks to Check if Your Acer Laptop Does Not Power On
For anyone who gets this problem, you must not be rush and take it to the computer repair center. Usually, they will offer you to change the motherboard that means you must spend an amount of money. Before we come to the solutions, there are several factors that you must pay attention and check. First, check the power cord or the AC adapter. You have to make sure that the connection is firm and fit perfectly. Second, you can try to use different electrical outlet and third, check the power supply setting, in this case the voltage. You can use these three simple ways to make sure that the problem occurs in your laptop. Fourth, disconnect all items such as USB or DVD.
Five Steps to Get Your Laptop Back on
The first solution is to remove the battery. The second step tries to check and reset the internal electricity; check the power switch and the plugging. The third step, you can start removing the RAM sticks, graphics card, CPU, and fan.
The fourth step is getting your laptop cleaned; wipe all the dust in it. Sometime we ignore this, but it may actually make our laptop work even better. The last step, after you take out all the equipments from your laptop, put everything back. At this point, you can start pressing the power button for about 30 seconds. You may as well try to run your laptop without using the battery, just the main power.
Many people have tried these steps before; however, if after you do all these steps your laptop remains power off, perhaps you can try to contact Acer service center.
How do I get service to Repair my Acer Laptop from Acer?
Find out about the nearest Acer Repair Facility in your town. You may repair your laptop at the local technician in your town; however, it is more advisable for you to bring your laptop to Acer Repair Facility, especially if your laptop is under limited warranty.
Overall, if your Acer laptop does not power on, make sure that it is not from the electrical outlets or from the battery and charger. You might as well check the power setting in your laptop. Remember not to get panic when your Acer laptop won’t turn on, you can simply try to clean your laptop thoroughly and regularly.